Friday, March 1, 2013

Why I Created This Blog

Most consider me a private person and I can honestly say, I like it that way.  In reality, I am somewhat shy, and certainly more introverted than most.  There are times when I feel as though I have fully expressed my feelings and inevitably found that I was misunderstood.  I then have to search for a way to further explain my thoughts.  That just seems like way too much work for me, as silly as that may sound.

I now find myself in a place where I feel the need to be more open and I want a way to share my life with others.  I was diagnosed with a rare form of kidney cancer on March 7th of this year.  Those close to me suggested I begin a blog as a way to share my feelings, experiences, and information. Though I didn't feel it would be something I would ever do, I now believe it could be very healthy.  It's also a good way for me to answer questions, to ask for hugs, and to get closer with people. I have always said, "It's not your job, or your money that will come visit you in the hospital, it's people."

Though it is not easy for me to share what I am thinking and/or feeling, I know this will help me as I travel down this new path.
Just as I know there will be rough times, I know there will be times of happiness and positive outcomes.  

Since I am just beginning this blog in August, 2013, I decided to go back, and give you an accounting of some of the events since I received my diagnosis.  Thank you for reading my thoughts, sharing my experiences and being a part of my journey.

3 comments:

  1. To my only Sister: God gave me you as a sister and I never want that to change! You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this journey. What you are going through can't be easy but very, very difficult!! I hope this pill will be a miracle pill with no side effects and will be an example for all who have this type of cancer (cancer's) to come out with good results. I like the idea of blogging your thoughts and in responds you can get feed back and encouragement comments also. Be strong and may God Bless you through out this journey.
    Love you!
    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete