Monday, June 10, 2013

(4) Pre Surgery: Debbie comes from Maryland

Through it all, Janet has been so strong.   (At least she is in front of me.)  As the day of my surgery got closer, I began seeing the worry on her face and could feel the stress building within her.  She was doing her best to hide it, but I knew.

I was so relieved the day she came into the den and said she had just talked with her sister, Debbie. She was grinning from ear to ear when she told me that Debbie was flying in from Maryland to be with us for my surgery.  Even though Janet is close with members of my family, I know there is nothing like having a sibling stand by your side.

Not only was Debbie flying in 2 days early so she could go with us to the pre-op appointments in Marshfield, she was going to come back to our house after the surgery and stay with our dog, Jacy, until I was released from the hospital.  I couldn't believe that she was going to do all of this for us!

Debbie, Janet's sister

On the afternoon of June 10th, we picked Debbie up from the Chippewa Valley Airport.   It was so good to see her!  I had time that afternoon and evening to visit with her like she was just here on vacation.  It was just like Debbie, to come bearing gifts.  She brought me a beautiful pajama set to wear during my hospital stay.  They were so pretty and COMFORTABLE!

After spending the following day getting all the last minute details taken care of, going to the grocery store and other errands, we packed the Blazer and headed to the Hope Lodge, in Marshfield, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment