Saturday, June 8, 2013

(3) Pre Surgery: The Family Cookout

As soon as we got word of the surgery date, Janet wanted to have a cookout for the entire family. At first, I couldn't believe she was even suggesting a cookout!  I was stressed and felt like there was just too much to do in getting prepared for the surgery.

She explained that she had already talked with our niece, Monica and we could have the cookout there. As always, Janet had a sparkle in her eye when she said we had a large pork shoulder in the freezer just waiting to be smoked.  She said she would go over the day before to get things ready, and smoke the pork.  Her famous potato salad and baked beans were also on the menu.  They would ask the rest of the family to bring a covered dish.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew it would be a fun day and rid me of some of the stress I was feeling.  So, on June 8th, the weekend before my surgery, the whole family came together for a great time!  Thanks to everyone who came and made the day so special for me!!!

Below are some pictures taken on that day, unfortunately, I got caught up in the fun and didn't get shots of everyone there.
Me, holding my great niece, Kendra

Janet's Smoked Pork

My partner, Janet, grillin' burgers and dogs.

My niece, Monica and my great nephew, Cameron
with great niece, Kendra

Lawn Dart Competition

My niece, Erica

My niece, Jenny, holding great niece, Kendra

My son, Travis and his girlfriend, Bobbie Sue

Erik, my nephew, up to no good!


My dear friend, Shelly

My nephew, Paul and my son, Travis (black shirt)
showing off their Lawn Dart expertise

My brother, Lowell, the Lawn Dart Champion!

"Didn't you bring home any leftover's?"
Jacy

Again, I apologize for not capturing everyone with my camera that day.  I did not get pictures of  my niece Melanie and her family, Kyle and Austin- my great nephew Issac- nephew Josh and his two sons, Colton, and Mason, Carla, my sister -  AND THE WONDERFUL FOOD!

There were other's taking pictures that day.  If you have any shots of those I named above, PLEASE CALL ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment