Tuesday, August 13, 2013

(1) First week in Mayo study

I've been on the new chemo pills for about 6 days now and I keep waiting for the drastic side effects, but I am thankful it has only been a couple of bouts with nausea and getting sick. I do fear that fatigue has set back in, as I do not feel the energy I had been feeling.

I feel strange things occasionally, but I don't know if it is related; like sometimes a burning sensation will occur around my stomach area. I hope the pills are doing the job of stopping the growth of my cancer. I don't know when I will get another CT scan to find out. I am guessing, probably in a month or two.

Bobbie Sue (my son's girlfriend), stopped over with some garden goodies last night. We appreciate her thoughtfulness and will have a treat for supper tonight.

6 comments:

  1. We love you so much Cindy, we are so proud of you with this blog & how gracefully you are going through this whole process. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for being a part of my life, I was blessed the day I met your son in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, you truly are an amazing woman. Thank you for allowing us o follow your journey with you. Keep going strong and know that you're in our thoughts and prayers ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you positive healing energy on your journey. May you be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your story through Bobbie Sue, my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Bobbie Sue, Sara, Juliana and all 16 chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy,
    Janet let me know about this blog. As a private person, much like you, I know it is not easy to share personal experiences.
    I am so glad to hear that you were accepted into the study. I hope the side effects stay relatively tame and that the primary effects are powerful against the cancer.
    You have shown tremendous strength and courage in this battle. Keep up the spirit. Love and Hugs......Joe

    ReplyDelete