Friday, August 2, 2013

Preliminary Testing at Mayo

I got the call from Dr. Shah saying they had received and reviewed the rest of my medical records. They determined that my cancer fits the criteria of what they are looking for in the clinical trial.  Now all I need to do is pass a series of test to see is I am medically stable to enter into the trial.  He said the coordinator of the trial would be calling me back to set up appointments for those tests.

Beth, the Clinical Coordinator of the study called me the following morning and we scheduled two separate days of appointments.

My tests were scheduled for July 31st and August 2nd.  Janet and I had figured a smoother and quicker way to get to Mayo.  The travel time was 2 hours and 15 minutes. (MUCH BETTER AND NO CAR SICKNESS)

The two days consisted of the following appointments: Oncology Evaluation (going over, discussing, and signing all the legal documents,)  Blood and Urine Tests, CT scan of my head, Electrocardiogram, Echnocardiogram, and a CT scan of Chest/Abdomen/Pelvis

These were the final steps in seeing whether or not I would be accepted into the study.  I was sitting on pins and needles.



No comments:

Post a Comment