Saturday, August 24, 2013

(2) 2nd and 3rd week in Mayo Study

Even though I think I should be having more problems with these chemo pills - I am not.  At least compared to the liquid chemo I received before surgery.  It seems that the total sick days have been minor.  Sometimes, I worry that I'm not feeling horrible and miserable.  It's almost too quiet.  I was expecting to be sick every day, unable to eat, being achy all over and staying in bed all the time.  That seems more like a true battle - more like a fight.  So I need to believe that it's okay to fight without major pains and serious side effects from the chemo pills.

I am more "daydreamy." I have occasional nausea, followed with sickness and I am more sleepy.  I say that's minor.  Just watching the morning news is a realization that people suffer much more than me right now.  I am so thankful for this chemo treatment.  I am thankful for my family, friends, and those people I don't even know who send their good thoughts my way.  People can be so amazing.

2 comments:

  1. We love you Cindy!! I am praying every day for you. Sometimes a battle can be quiet, it does not mean that you aren't winning. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how small of a battle this day may have been, you truly are a fighter. You have been in my thoughts and prayers, Cindy. Know that you're amazing and you have so many people behind you. You'll never be alone, even when things get tough. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete